Established by Fathi Ibrahim Bayoud 2005 - Homs

Homs: 15 killed, wounded in regime air strikes on Talbiseh

Local | 2016-09-20 13:16:43
Homs: 15 killed, wounded in regime air strikes on Talbiseh
(Zaman Al Wasl)- At least three people have been killed and 15 more wounded in the northern countryside of Homs as regime extends its aerial bombing, hours after the collapse of a U.S.-Russian brokered ceasefire in the war-ravaged country.

Zaman al-Wasl reporter said the regime warplanes have conducted 10 air strikes on the besieged town of Talbiseh, leaving 15 killed and wounded.

On Monday, the International Committee of the Red Cross said on Monday it had delivered humanitarian aid to Talbiseh.

It says a joint convoy of 45 ICRC, Syrian Arab Red Crescent and U.N. trucks delivered nearly 17,000 food parcels as well as 1,000 bulk food rations to the town of 84,000 residents on Monday.

Talbiseh is besieged by government forces. A humanitarian convoy last reached the town in July, the ICRC said.

The ICRC says it also delivered materials to repair the town's water network as well as hygiene products.


Al-WAER EVACUATION


Rebels of besieged al-Waer neighborhood in Homs city said their leave will be under the U.N. umbrella, refusing regime demands on Monday to evacuate the key district in the central city under the Red Crescent cover, local negotiation committee said.

The planned evacuation of 1000 rebels from the last opposition foothold in Homs was delayed until Tuesday, Talal Barazi, the Homs governor said.

 The district of al-Waer, home to 60,000 people, has been seeking to conclude local agreements with rebels to win back full control of strategic areas in western Syria.

Barazi said the delay in evacuating the fighters from the al-Waer district was due to "logistical obstacles", but he was confident it would go ahead successfully.


He said on Sunday that between 250 to 300 fighters were due to leave al-Waer on Monday. Fighters from al-Waer have previously been given safe passage to the insurgent-dominated province of Idlib in northwestern Syria.

Rebel groups however say the plan is part of a regime strategy of forcibly displacing people from areas after years of siege and bombardment. In a statement on Sunday, they said the government would have "clearly ended its commitment to any proposed truce" if anyone was evacuated from al-Waer.

Keywords:
Comments (0)

Post Your Comments

fill all fields below
*This confirmation code will prevent auto submit
X :Latest News
UAE to guarantee maritime freedom in the region: agency: Abu Dhabi Crown Prince      Italian hostage freed in Syria      Iranians tense and apprehensive as whispers of war spread      Sudan military wants to cede power quickly: general      Children of foreign Isis fighters in Syria are ‘among world’s most vulnerable’ and should be brought home, says UN      Trump lashes out of US House's Pelosi 'cover-up' accusation      Libya's Haftar ruled out cease-fire in talks with France's Macron: Elysee      US envoy Jeffrey calls for cease-fire in Syria's Idlib