Daoud Brigade will
launch major military act against Bashar al-Assad forces in coordination with
other rebel factions in Idlib countryside, sources told Zaman Alwasl.
The Daoud Brigade, which
has pledged allegiance to the State of Iraq and The Levant (ISIL), issued a
statement last week calling for an end to fighting among rivals.
The group said it had
reached a "partial solution to end the bloodshed in the eastern suburbs of
Idlib" through a ceasefire with other rebels and a renewed focus on
fighting the government, according to Reuters.
Many foreign fighters, who defected ISIL, had joined Daoud brigade in its stronghold of
Sarmeen in Idlib while the ‘State’ loyalists had left to Raqqa.
The statement said the
Daoud Brigade sought to expand the ceasefire to the rest of Syria, but the
impact of the call was not immediately clear.
Nearly 1,400 people have been killed in Syria
since clashes between rebel forces and the jihadist Islamic State of Iraq and
The Levant (ISIL) erupted this month, a
monitor said Thursday.
“The number of people
killed in fighting between the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and
Islamist and rebel forces since January 3 has risen to 1,395,” the Syrian
Observatory for Human Rights said.
Comments About This Article
Please fill the fields below.