(Zaman Al Wasl TV)- About 3000 families have fled their towns in southern Syria towards the Jordanian border and the Israeli-Occupied Golan Heights as regime forces backed by allied militias launch major offensive.
Zaman Al Wasl TV has interviewed some of the displaced people who start building a new refugee camp in the town of Braiqa near the Occupied Golan Heights. They said regime would not dare to pound them to avoid the Isralei retaliation.
Most of refugees fled an area so-called "Triangle of Death", which connects southern Damascus countryside with Daraa and Quneitra provinces. Rebels say elite regime troops backed by Iranian-backed local militias have been escalating hit and run attacks on their posts in "Triangle of Death" north of Daraa.
The UN on Thursday warned escalation in Syria's south could have dangerous repercussions for the estimated 750,000 civilians in the rebel-held area.
Syrian regime forces had so far made heavy use of artillery and rockets in the current assault, and Russian warplanes that were critical to the recovery of other rebel-held areas had not been deployed until now.
Jordan said Sunday it would be unable to host a new wave of Syrian refugees, according too AFP.
Some 650,000 Syrian refugees have registered with the United Nations in Jordan since fleeing their country's seven-year war, which was sparked by peaceful anti-regime protests in 2011.
Amman estimates the actual number is closer to 1.3 million people and says it has spent more than US$10 billion (RM40 billion) hosting them.
In recent weeks regime forces have dropped leaflets over Daraa and Quneitra, warning of impending military operations and calling on the rebels to surrender.
Zaman Al Wasl